4.26.2010

sunday hike.

went on a hike with ferris this past sunday. it was my first time walking the trail by clark kerr. it was a good work out and I appreciate him pushing me. by the time we reached clark kerr, we realized that neither of us had our memory cards in the cameras. we had taken them out to transfer pictures from the night before. clearly this was a big photo opportunity. this meant we had to walk back home to get them. round two, I forgot to bring an umbrella. it was for shade and to keep my skin from getting tan. we all know I like being light. luckily, I had enough sunscreen to keep me protected. didn't bother going back and just kept going forward.

saw some squirrels. here's one.

by this time, I was already tired having walked there and back and there again. in the heat. the stairs were just the beginning to get on the trail.


the trail itself. it was very long and steep. I couldn't stop complaining and didn't want to go any further. of course, I forced myself. I was sweaty and uncomfortable. wearing a backpack did not help.

the views were pretty kick ass.

the bridge.

the city.

downtown.

oakland hills homes.

berkeley campus.

photo-op.

note, these are not the best hiking shoes.

this obnoxious woman with fat thighs was speaking with her friend at a very loud tone. she was discussing how stupid people gain weight, drinking empty calories in lattes and cappuccinos -- like a know it all. she said that it just wasn't in here genes to be obese, and that she's never struggled. as if she had a slamming body. she's rude to be talking that loudly next to people who are trying to watch their weight. she's fat herself. I hope she falls. jk. kinda. well, there she is in the green.

for your viewing pleasure. my attempt to artistically capture the moment.

nothing like a free clark kerr dinner and green tea ice cream to seal the deal. nom nom nom.


and a strange cat outside the apartment when we arrived. ferris wanted to bring it inside. no.

1 comment: