12.16.2010

back to blogging.

it's been a month and LSAT's over. I hope that was the last time taking it. I still have the option to cancel and that makes me unsure. I felt better this time, so I can only hope. but some people called it brutal. confusing.

had a delicious dinner saturday, courtesy of elita. she now lives in noe valley, which is great! it will make it all the more easier to visit her. quite a sizable apartment.

even with a broken oven, she made it work. roasted chicken, brussels sprouts, rice pilaf, and baguette and brie.  she also had us try some of her homemade strawberry jam. all delicious. I have to return the favor and cook for her (or at  the very least, buy her dinner).



the main event of the evening was building a gingerbread house. yanik came over to join in. also found out he works at a startup, which makes the ads that are used in echofon for twitter. now I can't stop but look for his ads every time I go on.

unfortunately, the gingerbread burned since the only setting for the oven was broil. so we were left using ak mak, the armenian cracker bread. very resourceful, not to mention healthy. the burned gingerbread was used for "furniture" (internal support) and "cobble stones" (did not work).


still it turned out great with all the add-ons. lots of candies and a modern roof with deck. I loved the sugar free wafers and was snacking on quite a few. I actually want some now. the pretzel m&m's were also really good. first time having them.




stained glass window by ferris.



success!  

 



a game of a scattergories spin-off, scattergories categories. thanks ferris! really fun. can't wait to play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment