8.05.2011

mingalaba still tops.

just thought I'd share for those making the decision on where to go on the peninsula for that burmese fix.

and yes. I really do believe so. (in my book at least) I finally tried burma superstar yesterday, and I have to say that mingalaba is just better overall. that's not to say that burma superstar was a miss! they had some of the most delicious appetizers. the samusas and pratha were both delicious. my boss said that the pratha and coconut sauce was basically crack in bread form. we also ordered the brussel sprouts, which were definitely the best that I've ever had! seasoned with fish sauce, crispy rice, and parmesean cheese, who'd a thunk it? but an amazing combo. the tea leaf salad was just okay. a little bitter, and too much romaine for me. I do love salads, but it just tastes better when done with cabbage like at mingalaba.

the entree I ordered was also just okay. I had the lamb curry with coconut rice. a little too fatty and lamby in my opinion. also did the sangria. the fruit wasn't sweet, and for some reason, I've become partial to the one at elephant bar... should've ordered the coconut chicken noodles, but I'll fulfill that craving with a trip to mingalaba. (and gain back those two pounds I lost in one meal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment