9.30.2011

best burmese.

if in the bay area, go to mingalabla. I already shared how much I love this place, and was happy to go back with ferris and julie. noodles and tea leaf salad are a given. switched it up with basil chicken and beef curry. the only part that sucked was waiting 40 minutes for a table. we tried to make a reservation for 3 but they said that it was too small a party, and the minimum was 4. so ridiculous, given the fact that it uses the same size of table for a party of 4!

even more weird, I was told that I wasn't allowed to take pictures. by both the server and the owner herself. apparently it has something to do with the fact that it won't come out good when posted online. spoke to the one white waiter about this after his shift was over, and he didn't get it either. still, I was able to sneak a few in.



another funny event that evening, running into two nuns from our elementary school, st. catherine's. sr. alessandra (kindergarten) and sr. corina (2nd grade). sr. corina not only remembered my name, but also remembers the fact that I have a sister! how crazy! I calculated and I was in second grade 15 years ago!!! another thing. THEY DO NOT AGE. I don't get it. they look exactly the same when I was a second grader. They're celebrating two nuns who have been "in habit" for a long time come october: one for 50 years (sr. antonella, the principle when I was in 1st grade), the other 52 (sr. alessandra). talk about commitment. congrats to them!

thanks to blush on the avenue, who now serves mitchell's ice cream, no need to trek to SF to get the fix. good noshin.

No comments:

Post a Comment