10.08.2011

comfort food.

grilled cheese at this new spot in SF, the melt. all they serve are grilled cheeses and soup. it's a concept restaurant created by the dude who founded flip video cam. it's all natural and eco friendly. the first time I went, it was a a pre-grand opening and all patrons ate for free. I did "the italian job": fontina and provolone on garlic served with italian sausage and pepper soup. the soups are thick and blended so that they grab onto all the grooves of the bread. and this bread is amazing. a little salty but I love the "special" seasoning they add when it comes off the grill. added bacon and tomatoes are free. pickles upon request. gah I love carbs.

this time I went with the soma crew and ferris. it was a lunch break on a bleak thursday. we pre-ordered online and scanned a provided qr-code at the restaurant. this notifies them that we have arrived and that they should begin making our delicious sandwiches. very fresh and toasty. this time i ordered "the wild thing": aged gruyere on white wheat alongside creamy wild mushroom soup. loved. it. portions seem small, but are indeed pretty filling.
design of the restaurant could be better too. a little crowded and inefficient use of space. also the method in which they notify patrons that their order is ready consists of yelling out initials. who listens for that. there is an screen up on a wall highlighting the queue of orders, but it faces a back wall that no one pays attention to. still, I take it everything there is good, albeit slightly overpriced.

hungout at the office courtyard before heading back to work...

 
forgot my camera, so I used my iphone. now too lazy for the much needed color correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment