11.20.2011

laziness leads to weight gain.

a few weeks ago, we all planned to carve pumpkins at yanik's place. it was a potluck type of event filled with chinese takeout, veggie chips, carrot salad, and pumpkin spice bread. well, we all were tired post meal, and decided to not carve pumpkins afterall. I decided to take mine home.

fast forward two weeks, I was craving that pumpkin spice bread carrie brought. I decided that I would make my own bread. I hollowed the pumpkin and roasted the seeds for a delicious snack, seasoned with spices. yum!

and then, I steamed the gourd and then pureed the "meat". I know baking is a science, but I still winged it. I loosely followed a banana bread recipe I frequent. swapped the banana for pumpkin, white sugar for brown and then some, and added molasses and spices (ginger, cinnamon, all-spice, nutmeg). definitely came out better than I thought! I'd say it was a good re-creation of the "original" inspiration. I meant to share this with people, but it was finished so fast. will have to remember what I did to remake it.

was lazy to carve. but then my fat ass got the better of me. I made this bread from scratch and basically ate the whole thing myself. lesson: should've carved that pumpkin.

and so begins the over eating associated with the holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment