3.27.2010

fattening week.

I was in northampton and boston earlier this week. I took this as an opportunity to break away from a nonexistent diet and eat like crazy. here are a few of the things I ate...

I had these haddock fish and chips from big y -- lemme tell you, they are some of the best I've ever had. fresh, not frozen. so good I ate there twice. I liked they way there was a "newspaper print" piece of parchment paper in the box. it gave it a real authentic feel.


note that this is a pic from the second time I ate. the first time I jumped right in and stuffed my face until I had realized that I forgot to take a pic. so here we are!

went to boston and ate at joe's on newbury street for lunch. got a seat by the window, which made for the perfect opportunity to people watch.

here's my dad with the sunglasses I got him for christmas. note, he's wearing these indoors because it was an enclosed "sidewalk" dining space and everyone else wore their's indoors. it was sunny and the weather was good that day.

there's my sister wearing hers! don't they look cool? got them for her as a gift as well.

they served fresh baked sourdough and butter. bread and butter can be so good sometimes and this was no exception.

ordered the rotisserie special of the day: leg of lamb with mint jus. so good!


on another day, back in downtown northampton, we ate at brunch at sylvester's, the house of the creator of the graham cracker, sylvester graham.


irish eggs benedict (swapped canadian bacon for the corn beef hash). my fist time having eggs benedict too. so rich = so good.


the hollandaise was basically butter and yolks. probably 3,000 calories.

two pics because they're that good. the sprinkle of paprika made me think that the person plating this was middle eastern. (they're so fond of putting paprika on everything).

my dad got the steak and eggs with gorgonzola butter! scrambled eggs and house made wheat toast on the side.


finally went to a dunkin donuts! ...since there is no franchises in california. tried the ice coffee, which was decent, and two munchkins (donut holes).
my mom with hers.

and I with mine. no pics of the munchkins because like the fish and chips the first time, I ate them before I got the chance to snap a pic! oh well.

probably gained 15 pounds. in need of a detox STAT

1 comment: