11.02.2010

halloween/morning after.

went to the thriller ball in downtown at the westin st. francis. surprisingly good music, and lots of people with dedicated costumes. many asian girls dressed up as mario and luigi, must've been a "thing". sid definitely had the costume of the night, an iphone, and gained plenty of attention, no doubt. kim was a biker chick, ferris and I chilean miners, chris clark kent, sean golfer, and richard a soccer player.


then a run-in with chris collins, project runway contestant, with the hometown of san francisco. unfortunately his designs were lackluster and not very memorable. ferris was the one who spotted him and one of chris's friends even asked how he noticed him in the dark dance room so quickly!



 first kim and sid checked out early, and then ferris and I. I was pretty pathetic and just hung around the group, never venturing off on my own. I don't know why I do this to myself. I suppose it was not only because I was sleepy like kim, but also just uncomfortable. I had all resources available and still didn't take advantage. only excuse was that I didn't seize opportunity. I'll have sid/ferris be my wingman -- they'd do a good job. went back to the room, which was luckily upstairs, to lay down. kim was hungry and craving a hot dog, but the carts were closed. lights were off and we were ready to sleep, and then in comes some of sean's friends from irvine, disorderly and ended up causing some real world/jersey shore type of drama in the end. one girl fell on my stuff and almost crushed my dior homme sunglasses from a birthday a few years back. not cool. this is the same girl who later was passed out in the chair while sean "comforted" her. (I assume the making out comforted her.) another had us guess her ethnicity (she was half thai) and costume (she was wonder woman) whilst coming onto ferris and I, with a remote control in hand. sid came back with some pizza and richard yelled and pushed the uninvited guests out (thank you richard!): both girls aforementioned, another girl (petite asian, richard's type) who referred to richard as "special", and a couple: one fat indian girl was making out with a white guy, clearly out of her league, in the bathroom. then chris and sean were arguing on the verge of physical aggression, all the while we were just spectating and enjoying the pizza (bbq chicken and pesto). truly felt like a scene from MTV, quite the situation.


rather eventful, not to mention very memorable.



the next morning we were all hungry and finally made one of the most disappointing trips to the cheesecake factory I have ever made. from the clearly day-old bread, to the microwaved-looking eggs and overly toasted/crispy bagels, it was terrible. sid's onion rings cold, richard's lemonade too sweet, and my french fries, a little salty. the sandwich portion also was smaller than I remember. still, I finished it all. service was also rather disappointing. never going back for brunch again.



went back to the room and finished the 49ers game, which was pretty good, and found this by richard's bed. not saying it was his but it was definitely used. can't believe that the housekeeping staff who turn down the bed would not notice a tube like this. makes me really question just how well these rooms are cleaned.



view from the elevator. great view of coit tower.



BARTed back to millbrae and entertained the thought of spontaneously jumping on a plane and jetting off somewhere, while at SFO. maybe some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment