12.14.2010

holiday goods.

I love to cook during the holidays. aside from my garlic mashed potatoes and gravy, sugar snap peas and shallots, and grilled squash, I made my favorite desserts: pumpkin cheesecake and pecan bars for thanksgiving. I hate to brag, but I swear that this is one of the best pumpkin cheesecakes you'll ever have. After about 4 years of tweaking, it's pretty much there. I could work on my decorating skills a little bit more. I accidentally used the wrong tip, so I'll make that my excuse for why it looks the way it does.


I decided to throw in a new one. chocolate chocolate chip cheesecake with an oreo crust. kahlĂșa whipped cream to top it off. instant classic. so chocolately, so rich. yum. 


my sister did her red-velvet cake. the trend is pretty much over, but cream cheese frosting still tops. 


 of course, pecan bars with a shortbread crust.  buttery goodness. toasted pecans. better than pie, imo.


my contribution alone to this thanksgiving meal involved more than eight sticks of butter. how bad can that be.

No comments:

Post a Comment